Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Melbourne


I am a very proud Melbournian. I haven't spent all of my life here but I think that is what makes me appreciate it. I hear bagging of it at times from those who take it for granted, but it truly is a great city. While it is currently ranked as the most liveable city in the world - which is an INSANE thought because I can't believe it is possible - it's hardly perfect. But for the rest of my life, Melbourne will always be home. It always has been, no matter where I've lived, and it always will be. I will always want to come back to Melbourne. I'm not going to lie, I love leaving her and going on awesome travels, but she has also given me great adventures.

This post started out as a response to the news paper article in The Age that said that Melbourne was the 4th best student city after Paris, London and Boston (and Sydney was 6th - which is awesome for Australia - but take that Sydney :P) and this isn't a comment on what it's like as a student here, the article just prompted me to say how much I love my city. It may not have your souvenir photo scenes such as a bridge or an opera house. It may not have the greatest public transport system. It may not be dirt cheap.

But it does have awesome cafes :)
Little Cupcakes in Degraves Street <3


~ 0 comments: ~

~ Post a Comment ~

Powered by Blogger.

+

Blogger templates

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
Manda is a 23 year old little girl who takes jumping photos when no one’s looking. She enjoys Anzac cookie dough way too much and wishes she could go back to the days when collecting stickers was cool. She lives in Melbourne, where not every Aussie puts a shrimp on the barbie. Read more of her words over at http://www.amandasummons.com/blog

Blogger templates

Blogroll

About