Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Hunger Games



By now, most fans of the books have seen the movie, and I hope they all liked like I did, and most of us know what the movie poster looks like. Especially here in Melbourne, it seems to be on every bus stop!
I feel that this poster really represents the tone of the movie - ominous. But what if the movie had been marketed and directed differently? Then perhaps we would have seen the below posters on every bus stop. These were designed over at Entertainment Weekly. I have chosen my favourites below :)

If the movie had been directed by Christopher Nolan, we might have seen this:
My favourite thing about this one is: Brunette Actress as Katniss, demonstrating how sterotypically male are Nolan's films?
 This is Alfred Hitchcock's version of the Hunger Games. This is probably my favourite (im)poster.

 Ahhh Michael Bay, possibly even more sexist than Nolan. Why would one bother seeing a film that has a fully clothed female at all times? Because they wouldn't right? I do like the little twist of the title - the Rise of the Tributes.

One thing to notice in all these posters is their casting of Haymitch. This one has Steve Buscemi, which would be interesting, but not at all correct.

Oh Peter Jackson. I do love how they sneak Orlando Bloom in here and that he would play Katniss!!!! And of course, since it is a Peter Jackson film, there must be Andy Serkis in it. I actually think he wouldn't be a half bad Haymitch, but I always see Andy Serkis as his gay character in 13 Going on 30 whenever he is on film, because every other time, it is just image capture!

 This is one is for the imagining of the Hunger Games if it was directed by Roger Corman, of Little Shop of Horrors fame. I liked this one because of the comic book look.
 Obviously this is Woody Allen's. Because his humour is often dark, it is interesting how it claims Hunger Games will be a comedy. And look who is playing Haymitch? Woody Allen! So so so wrong :P
This is one of my favourites in the way they play with the style of a Nancy Meyers film. Alec Baldwin as Haymitch would make a hilarious SNL skit. But would make a terrible movie!
 This one cracks me up. Directed by Garry Marshall, it is a direct reference to New Years Eve. The tagline makes me laugh, I'm not going to lie. Hector as Haymitch wouldn't be horrible but I just think of him as his role in Princess Diaries!
And then last but not least is a Disney version. I could see it being made into a Disney/Pixar movie and being depicted as very different from the books. It would be simialr to how they have used many other fairy tale stories and deviated quite strongly from the original source material. I do like the casting of Haymitch here with John Ratzenberger, seeing as there cannot be a Pixar movie without him these days!

So there you go, a little (im)poster work! Just a way to celebrate the success of the Hunger Games movie

Manda

~ 0 comments: ~

~ Post a Comment ~

Powered by Blogger.

+

Blogger templates

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
Manda is a 23 year old little girl who takes jumping photos when no one’s looking. She enjoys Anzac cookie dough way too much and wishes she could go back to the days when collecting stickers was cool. She lives in Melbourne, where not every Aussie puts a shrimp on the barbie. Read more of her words over at http://www.amandasummons.com/blog

Blogger templates

Blogroll

About